Saturday, February 6, 2010

Is it Wrong?

Hi everyone-

Is it wrong of me to be awake at 1:15am watching tv and reading blogs only because I am REALLY enjoying the peace and quiet?
It's not that loud in here...really, it isn't. It's just Mike and Caroline and Max and Tank. Only 1 of those 4 actually speak, but there's something about quietness that I actually crave these days. Tonight, I went to the Post Office to mail some packages (and very belated cards) and I actually didn't rush because I was enjoying the absolute stillness of the Post Office at the self serve counter. Seriously, is it wrong?
And I can't lie either, I'm also eating cookies sent directly from heaven. Well, technically, they're from the Fresh Market, but whose keeping tabs?

Now on with the real subject you few readers come to read about: Caroline.
Miss C is doing great. She had her 4 month check up last Friday and she was DIVINE. She is perfect in every way...surprise surprise...but really, Dr. Baham agreed too. I am leaving her tomorrow for more than 4 hours. Ouch, my heart. I honestly am becoming quite anxious about this. If it wasn't Super Bowl Sunday and if my husband and I didn't need a SERIOUS datenight, I wouldn't do it. But I know she wants her mommy and daddy to be happy so even she is encouraging us to go have some 'alone time' with 80,000 screaming Saints fans in the Quarter.

But really, is it wrong? It's 1:24am

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I know what you mean! There's just no chance of time by yourself...and if you get that time, you feel guilty. I usually rush just to get back home, only to be cranky that I'm back. You take any time you need, whenever you need it, and eat as many cookies as you want...sometimes it's the only thing that makes you feel better! Have a fun, carefree night out. Take advantage, and remember that it will make you a better mommy and wifey when you do get some time alone to feel like you again. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby is precious! Those ear candles are probably just a hoax, but it feels and looks like a TON of wax comes out of your ears.

    ReplyDelete